PROGRAM MANAGER, New Pathway Youth Program
Progress Career Planning Institute (PCPI) is seeking a Program Manager for its Youth Program. Reporting to the President, the Youth Program Manager (PM) is responsible for planning and overseeing the Program to ensure it is completed in a timely manner and within budget. The PM is responsible and accountable for leading the implementation, marketing, evaluation, quality control, monitoring progress, risk management, staff supervision and progress reporting to effectively attain the goals of the New Pathway Youth Program. The position will keep stakeholders informed the entire way and as well form and maintain working relationships with the PCPI’s other projects and with community service providers to ensure that the goals, objectives and deliverables of the Program are met on schedule. The Program Manager is responsible for the management and delivery of high-quality programming and for creating innovative and good practices service delivery models to seamlessly support the soft skills development and quality work experience needs of young adults to the program. These duties will embrace the promotion of PCPI’s values and mission, and support youth while concurrently help to build and develop high-functioning teams to effectively deliver these services.
- Develop detailed project plans and lead the implementation of the Program through engagement with senior management, staff and community service providers
- Ensure that staff and stakeholders understand the definition of NPP scope and objectives
- Set deadlines, assign responsibilities, and monitor and summarize progress of the program.
- Ensure that the program and the services are in compliance with organizational policy and funding guidelines
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation and meet all reporting deadlines and requirements, with specific regard to funder and senior management requests
- Ensure resource availability and allocation for services
- Measure project performance using appropriate tools and techniques as directed by PCPI and funder including managing GCOS entries and Monday.com for claims in a timely manner
- Support staff in planning, coordinating and evaluating services, activities and special events
- Manage changes to the project scope, project schedule and project costs using appropriate verification techniques
- Report and escalate concerns/issues to management as needed
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks
- Establish and maintain relationships with third parties/employers and service providers
- Manage the relationship with the clients and all stakeholders
- Meet with clients to clarify specific requirements of the project
- Coordinate project activities and delegate tasks based on staff members' individual strengths, skill sets and experience levels
- Track project performance, specifically to analyze the successful completion of short and long-term goals
- Survey clients and service providers on an ongoing basis to gather feedback on service satisfaction
- Work collaboratively with project team, marketing staff and management to develop and implement an outreach plan to increase project awareness and attract community engagement and program participants
- Identify and respond to gaps in services and engage stakeholders in contributing and participating in addressing these gaps through new initiatives and or through our projects and services
- Identify partnership opportunities and develop Memoranda of Understanding between PCPI and partnering organizations, to work collaboratively on identified services
- Meet project budgetary objectives and make adjustments to project constraints based on financial analysis in collaboration with senior Management
- Use and continually develop leadership skills to maintain proficiency
- Develop spreadsheets, diagrams and process maps to document needs and trends
- Works collaboratively with staff to create opportunities for sharing participants’ experiences and successes
- Assist with the recruitment and hiring of project staff as need
- Assist with staff onboarding ensuring clear understanding of PCPI’s organization Policies, Procedures and how they work with the project funding guidelines
- Participate in the participants’ screening and intake process, workshop facilitation and oversee the job placements
- Provide guidance and on-going support to youth participants and make appropriate referrals to other services as needed; as well as ensure accurate case management records and statistics for reporting purpose.
- Establish and coordinate project staff duty expectations and schedule to fulfil the project deliverables, monitor their progress including output, input and challenges and clarify specific requirements of the project
- Supervise and motivate team providing ongoing leadership development and ongoing feedback through regular one-on-one meetings and annual performance evaluation
- Act as a resource to the project team and hold regular team meeting to review project progress, output, challenges and to clarify specific requirements of the project
- Ensure delivery of the project is consistent with project contractual agreement, requirements and goals, and in compliance with policy processes.
- Ensure that the security and confidentiality of all data is maintained in accordance with provincial regulations and policy.
- Utilize project data to prepare quarterly progress reports for submission and inform continuous quality improvement and refinement of the program.
- Document quality improvement process and changes.
- Assist with the development of project activity forms
- Enter and analyze client tracker data and employer reimbursement claims status and prepare a monthly progress report to senior management
- Maintain an updated client database with clients’ personal information and progress
- Review clients and employers’ files to ensure they are up to date
- Record staff attendance and submit an accurate bi-weekly attendance sheet to HR/ Finance Department in a timely manner, for payroll purpose
- Monitor resources usage, provision and project supply inventory ongoing and replenish as needed
- Ensure all health and safety needs are met for project team and clients in accordance with organizational policy and the Occupational Health and Safety Act.
- Develop and maintain project service delivery processes and procedures.
- Support all other administrative requirements of the project.
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- A bachelor’s degree in psychology/sociology, plus a minimum of five years recent experience and success in project management preferably in the social service sector.
- Project management certification a valued asset
- Understanding of youth programs in the non-profit sector
- Experience implementing projects/programs
- Proven ability to manage and deliver projects with successful outcomes
- Demonstrated skills and experience in community engagement and partnerships
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills
- Excellent analytical skills with strong attention to detail and problem-solving ability.
- Flexibility and the temperament and skills to manage change in a rapidly evolving environment
- Experience in the execution of project directives with stringent targets with a fixed timeline
- Experience designing workshops and facilitation both in person and online
- Experience managing, leading and motivating and evaluating staff performance
- Experience conducting primary and secondary research to support and recommend new programming and or project expansion
- Ability to be innovative, creative and solution seeking
- Political acuity as well as the ability to work with people from diverse demographics
- Experiences working with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Proven ability to develop and maintain credible and trusting relationships with key stakeholders
- Collaborative leadership style with the ability to work in a diverse team environment.
- General office setting
- Must be willing to work flexible hours and remotely as needed
- Some travel required so a car is an asset
BENEFITS: healthcare, vision, dental and long-term disability as well as contributions to pension.
If your skills and experience match with our requirements for the job, we would like to hear from you. Please apply by email to Bernadette Ferdinand-Shepherd at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than October 20, 2022.