IENLAP Job Developer
PCPI is a not-for-profit organization that provides career development and employment related services to a diverse population to reach their full potential. The organization is also the proud creator and presenter of the IEP Conference, a unique forum for internationally educated professionals. Our organization’s success in delivering quality service is based on a business-like approach, supported by knowledgeable caring staff, user-friendly resources, and innovative programming.
Reporting to the Project Manager, the position will work collaborate with the team to develop and execute a marketing and outreach plan and for building community and business partnerships, creating an employer database and sourcing employers through various sources including research. Job Developer will host and participate in job fairs, social networking, community associations, and utilize social media channels to bring awareness of the progress to attract and support clients and employers. In addition, the Job Developer will help program participants to find work in the health field related to their education and training by sourcing suitable employers who are hiring in the healthcare sector, prepare participants for these jobs and arrange interviews for them with employers.
Further, the Job Developer is responsible for developing and delivering presentations about the program to employers and service providers to inform them about the program, and to establish partnership to boost client intake and for employment opportunities for program participants. Also, the Job Developer will assist with the delivery of job search workshops, and participants’ follow-ups. Working as part of the team, they will promote the Progress Career Planning Institute (PCPI) and bring awareness of the organization’s work in the Greater Toronto Area, to leverage resources across a broader community connection. Finally, the Job Developer will be fully engaged in the organization’s activities including participating in team and staff meetings.
- Assist with developing and implementing an outreach plan to promote the organization’s programs and services, and in particular the Foreign Credentials Recognition Project, increase awareness of the program, identify opportunities in the “hidden job market” and to support employers with planning for their recruitment...i.e., job posting.
- Assist with the delivery of program information sessions to inform interested participants of the eligibility criteria, intake process, program objectives and benefits of the program.
- Source and establish a database of businesses/employers in the healthcare sectors, and/or related field and as well, mentors and job leads to find suitable placements and/or employment for program participants who need work experience support and or mentorship.
- Work with Job Developers across the organization to share job leads that may benefit clients participating in other programs within the organization and as well, share business development opportunities to build organization capacity and sustainability.
- Assess employers’ workplace and capacity to accommodate job placement by conducting site visits to ensure a positive work environment for our client(s) and their ability to provide on the job training program participant.
- Work closely with case manager and workshop instructor to determine readiness and suitability for employment that become available and document activity carried out with each participant.
- Assess participants’ competencies and work with them to improve their interview skills and resume to ensure they match employment opportunities.
- Provide support to employers in identifying the skills and competencies that are required to perform job tasks, as well as match the competencies with those of suitable participants in the program who are ready for work.
- Maintain accurate documentation and use internal systems (e.g., TEAMS and Excel) to monitor and manage mentorships, placements/employments, job trials, and work experience including follow-ups and outcomes.
- Deliver workplace safety workshops prior to referring participants to employment and as well as in the workplace as an added value for employers as needed.
- Maintain a caseload, for participants ready for employment who may or may not attain licensure, and document progress in a chronological order in their file.
- Utilize the process for sharing feedback on participants job search progress to case manager/ instructor in a timely manner.
- Support employers in identifying and resolving workplace issues with program participants placed in employment with them, to ensure that their business and/or productivity goals are met.
- Have a visible presence in community events to help promote the organization by being its ambassador.
- Practice good customer service by responding to clients and employers in a professional, knowledgeable, and timely manner and provide opportunity for them to give feedback through surveys at stipulated intervals.
- Participate in staff and team meetings and assist in resolving organizational challenges as needed.
- Assist with other duties as assigned by management.
Position Qualification and requirements
- A bachelor’s degree in Sales, Marketing and Business Administration from a reputable university with two or more years’ experience working with diverse clients in similar or related roles and/or a Diploma in Sales, Marketing and Business Administration
- Job Developing, Sales and Marketing and/or HR/Recruitment experience is an asset.
- Knowledge of the healthcare sector and contact within sector.
- Experience delivering presentations and workshops.
- Skills in using Microsoft office, excel and Teams
- Working Knowledge of marketing and familiar with labour market trends in the healthcare and related sectors.
- Possess cultural sensitivity and experience working with people of diverse backgrounds.
- Possess organizational, planning and time management skills.
- Able to communicate effectively in English and/ or both in English and French (written and oral).
- Must have interpersonal, analytical, and creative problem-solving skills.
- Experience working as part of a Team and independently with ability to self-initiate.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and an automobile.
Digital environment and regular traveling within the GTA with occasional evenings and weekends if necessary. Hybrid as required.
If this sounds like an opportunity for you to apply your education, skills, and experience to this position and to an organization that is progressive with growth opportunity, then we want to hear from you.
PCPI offers a competitive benefits package.
Please submit your interest in a cover letter and resume to: email@example.com. All responses to this job posting must be submitted by email, no telephone enquiries please.
In keeping with our commitment to diversity and inclusion, we encourage qualified applicants from all races, ethnicities, religions, and sexual orientations.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those whose education, skills and experience match with the required qualification and requirements will be invited for an interview.
Vaccination Policy: In accordance with PCPI COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, all PCPI employees are strongly encouraged to obtain all COVID-19 vaccinations and booster doses as recommended by Toronto Public Health.
Please note: A vulnerable sector police reference check is required by the successful candidate prior to hiring.
Get in Touch With Us
Send us all your questions and concerns about our career development services by filling out our online contact form.