IENLAP Facilitator and Coach
PCPI is a not-for-profit organization that provides career development and employment related services to a diverse population to reach their full potential. The organization is also the proud creator and presenter of the IEP Conference, a unique forum for internationally educated professionals. Our organization’s success in delivering quality service is based on a business-like approach, supported by knowledgeable caring staff, user-friendly resources, and innovative programming.
Reporting to the Project Manager, the facilitator/coach is accountable for the design and development of the nurse’s licensure pathway workshops including the methodology using an experiential approach. The facilitator/coach in collaboration with project manager and team ensure that the workshops’ content meets the need of the participants and those in demand by the healthcare workforce. The workshop facilitator/coach will support the manager in the development of the workshops’ schedule for each intake and as well, deliver in-person or online workshops and answer questions on the workshop content as they occur. The position provides constructive feedback to participants, monitors their progress through case management, provides structured coaching sessions, and provides sector related resources and information. The facilitator/coach liaises with team members, other projects’ staff, and stakeholders to coordinate services and facilitate referrals to meet the goal of the project and to build capacity for the organization. At all times the facilitator/coach will represent PCPI in a professional manner and promote its services and programs.
- Plan, design and implement the curriculum including facilitator’s guide and activities, in collaboration with management, and in accordance with the overall objective of the project.
- Assist with the development of marketing and outreach plan to promote the project, to target appropriate clients and to seek out employment opportunities.
- Assist project manager with the development and evaluation framework to assess effectiveness, and relevance of the program, to assist participants in obtaining industry licensure and employment in their field.
- Review workshop content monthly to ensure information is current and appropriate to client group.
- Coordinate mentoring opportunities and activities to assist the participant gain support and guidance in the sector.
- Plan activities that adhere to the policies and procedures of the organization, including, but not limited to health and safety and comply with all relevant legislation and professional standards.
- Prepare documentation and reports related to program activities, track participants’ activities and progress, and update data on a regular basis.
- Establish a risk management and mitigation plan for the workshops activities.
- Remain current and adaptive to changes within the sectors, labour market, and participant trends.
- Develop and facilitate program orientation session that outlines the objectives of the program and mutual expectations for success and deliver to candidates prior to intake to the program.
- Assist program manager with development of workshop schedules.
- Utilize surveys to gather feedback and use them for continuous improvement to the design of the sector-specific curriculum.
- Deliver scheduled workshops using a client centered and focused learning approach, adhering to the adult education learning methodology that includes the different learning styles.
- Ensure workshops delivery are experiential and participatory and assist participants garner relevant knowledge to write the nursing licensure examination and as well, obtain essential skills to succeed in the healthcare field.
- Utilize coaching to help participants navigate feelings of anxiety, overwhelm about writing exam and job search etc.
- Create a safe space for participants to engage in dialogue coach/facilitator and with other participants about program content.
- Help participants review their experience and identify their strengths and areas for professional development.
- Develop and administer workshop surveys for data collection to support workshops’ improvement, reporting and for feedback on participations satisfaction.
- Address client issues in consultation with project manager and provide appropriate resolution in a timely manner.
- Source and maintain adequate workshop materials and industry resources in an organized manner.
- Provide written reports regarding participation trends, participants’ performance as required by management to respond to funder reporting commitment.
- Participate in industry related forums, meetings and associations and utilize networks to gather resources and referrals to the program.
- Participate in professional development activities, team, and staff meetings.
- Other duties as assigned.
Summary of qualifications
- A university degree in Social Science or a related discipline is required, with RN or RPN designation and three years facilitation and coaching experience in an adult setting.
- Demonstrated public speaking and facilitation- written and oral communication skills.
- Presentation skills
- Experience delivering online workshop/service delivery using a variety of online tools.
- Practical understanding and experience in teaching and/or adult education.
- Problem solving skills, with the ability to address client issues in workshop sessions.
- Superior judgment and political acuity
- Proficient with business technologies, including Windows, Microsoft Office suite, and working knowledge of social media platforms.
- Able to anticipate, understand, and respond to the needs of clients to meet or exceed their expectations within the organizational parameters.
- Able to work cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problems, and make decisions that enhance organizational service delivery effectiveness.
- Able to positively influence others to achieve results that are in the best interest of all parties.
- Able to assess situations to determine priority order, urgency, and risks, and mitigate in a timely manner in the best interests of parties involved.
- Experience in building and maintaining trusting relationships.
- Demonstrate work ethics and professionalism that complement the business standards of PCPI.
- Technology based workspace – Hybrid as needed.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours in-person and remotely.
- Some travel within the GTA for meetings and workshop delivery.
- Interaction with staff and clients
If this sounds like an opportunity for you to apply your education, skills, and experience to this position and to an organization that is progressive with growth opportunity, then we want to hear from you.
PCPI offers a competitive benefits package.
Please submit your interest in a cover letter and resume to: email@example.com. All responses to this job posting must be submitted by email, no telephone enquiries please.
In keeping with our commitment to diversity and inclusion, we encourage qualified applicants from all races, ethnicities, religions, and sexual orientations.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those whose education, skills and experience match with the required qualification and requirements will be invited for an interview.
Vaccination Policy: In accordance with PCPI COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, all PCPI employees are strongly encouraged to obtain all COVID-19 vaccinations and booster doses as recommended by Toronto Public Health.
Please note: A vulnerable sector police reference check is required by the successful candidate prior to hiring.
Get in Touch With Us
Send us all your questions and concerns about our career development services by filling out our online contact form.