IENLAP Administrative Assistant
PCPI is a not-for-profit organization that provides career development and employment related services to a diverse population to reach their full potential. The organization is also the proud creator and presenter of the IEP Conference, a unique forum for internationally educated professionals. Our organization’s success in delivering quality service is based on a business-like approach, supported by knowledgeable caring staff, user-friendly resources, and innovative programming.
GENERAL ACCOUNTABILITIES (SECTION 1)
The position is responsible for providing administrative and clerical assistance to ensure effective and efficient operation of the project. They will provide support to clients, and project staff through a variety of tasks including but not limited to responding to inquires by phone and in person, dissemination of information and resources, manage confidential and time sensitive materials, as well provide general information in a professional manner that always ensures customer service satisfaction. In addition, the position will develop the program schedule for each intake, collect personal information, data on trends and maintain a record of project activities, in a timely manner. Additionally, the position will assist with the design of Power Point presentations and with the design of brochures as needed. The position will assist with the promotion of the project, maintain the reception area, and ensure resources are up-to-date and replenished in a timely manner. They will participate in organization meetings, and activities.
SPECIFIC ACCOUNTABILITIES (Section 11)
- Provide reception services by accurately and efficient answering telephone and walk-in inquiries, while maintaining customer service standards. The standards are defined as a level of quality service that meets or exceeds the expectations of the client according to the stated accountabilities for answering all inquiries.
- Book clients for workshops and coaching and collect and maintain the information /data in a data management system for statistic reporting. In addition, provide reminder notice to clients booked to ensure their attendance.
- Assist team with the creation of electronic files for participants and maintain the centralize data collection systems/or Excel. Whenever necessary, manage the assignment of clients to staff and ensure a fair system for case management and that is reflective of staff availability i.e., (vacation, sick) to reduce clients’ wait time.
- Assist participants with scheduling appointments to meet with the Job Developer. Communicate with employers and respond to their inquiries in a timely manner, to maintain positive relationships.
- Assist with preparation of Power Point presentations as directed to ensure consistency in format and efficiency in service delivery.
- Identify and address client issues through active listening and responding and directing to the appropriate person and or resources in a professional and timely manner. As well, identify organizational issues and concerns and collaborate with team members and management to ensure resolutions.
- Assist with marketing and outreach to promote the project and the services of the organization to appropriate individuals and to community agencies, to increase awareness of the organization’s services and boost client-intake.
- Collaborate with the organizations head office to order supplies for the project site.
- Assist with developing the program templates, and processes, as directed.
- Participate in staff and team meetings as directed.
- Gather resources and remain current on changes within the healthcare sector to support the participants and the project.
- Fulfilling other duties/tasks as assigned by management.
POSITION QUALIFICATION (SECTION 111)
- University degree and or Community College diploma in Business Administration and 2 years experience in a community services environment or a related field
- Possess knowledge of community and government services.
- Have working knowledge of the healthcare sector, including the nursing licensing process.
- Possess organization skill and is detail oriented to maintain efficiency in service flow, of information and an esthetically pleasing work environment.
- Demonstrated time management skill, and able to work under pressure with competing demands and duties within tight timelines.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Window and Teams environment including Excel and PowerPoint and ability to provide computer troubleshooting.
- Possess Interpersonal skills, cultural sensitivity, and awareness as well as political acuity to interact with people from diverse background and other stakeholders.
- Able to maintain confidentiality and familiar with the privacy act.
- Possess exceptional patience, and mature judgment including managing conflicts.
- Able to communicate fluently in English or both official languages, English and French, (written and oral)
- Demonstrated analytical, and creative problem-solving skills
A Team player who is also able to work as part of the team but also knows when to take initiative.
WORKING CONDITIONS (SECTION V)
Digital environment, - some repetitive hand movement –data entry, repetitive speech, long sitting
If this sounds like an opportunity for you to apply your education, skills, and experience to this position and to an organization that is progressive with growth opportunity, then we want to hear from you.
PCPI offers a competitive benefits package.
Please submit your interest in a cover letter and resume to: email@example.com. All responses to this job posting must be submitted by email, no telephone enquiries please.
In keeping with our commitment to diversity and inclusion, we encourage qualified applicants from all races, ethnicities, religions, and sexual orientations.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those whose education, skills and experience match with the required qualification and requirements will be invited for an interview.
Vaccination Policy: In accordance with PCPI COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, all PCPI employees are strongly encouraged to obtain all COVID-19 vaccinations and booster doses as recommended by Toronto Public Health.
Please note: A vulnerable sector police reference check is required by the successful candidate prior to hiring.
Get in Touch With Us
Send us all your questions and concerns about our career development services by filling out our online contact form.